At the beginning of the soccer season, your team is waiting with great anticipation to hear from you! You are their coach, and they’re excited to get started with soccer. Coaches must contact each player on their team by the posted deadline to introduce themselves, and to provide the parents and the kids with the following specific information.
- First Practice Date: Provide the date, time, and location
- Second Practice Date: Provide the date, time and location
- All other Practices: The practice days; such as, Mondays and Fridays
- Practice Locations: It may seem redundant, but it helps to repeat this, especially if your two practices take place in different locations.
- Your Name and Phone Number: Always leave your name and your phone number with the player or their parents so that you can be contacted if they have questions or need to tell you their child won’t make a particular practice. Make a note of this on your roster of any kids that have called in. You may optionally provide them with an email address, and a phone number they can send text messages.
- A Web Link! Please instruct your players and parents to visit RecSoccer.Info.
Additional, Helpful Information
At practices, it is helpful if you remind the players and parents to:
- Bring extra soccer balls to practice – all that they got!
- Remind them not to park in the grassy areas
- Fields 1A and 1B: DO NOT PICK UP PLAYERS, OR DROP THEM OFF, FROM THE MAIN DRIVE!
- Make sure that every player gets back into the car with the same hoodies, jackets, soccer balls, water bottles, and whatever else they brought with them – if not, that means they left something behind
For more information and helpful tips about contacting your team’s players, please see the contacting players page.